Sunday, May 2, 2010

My first RT experience 2010

It starts with the drive! 1 1/2 hours to the event, would have been longer but my sister being as gracious as could be let me stay at her house! And with the help of one very good GPS and help from a friend I made it to the Hyatt in one piece and without getting lost. But it has to turn out to down pour that day and that does not make a good trip lol.


I arrived early in the morning and managed to try to eat brakefast not only was the food gross it was borderline unedable. After breakfast I went to the main lobby. For those of you who have never been to a big hotel it looks like a damn airport lol



I had to wait in line to get all my books stickered to tell which ones I brought in and which ones I purchased which coming out of there they had to check again go figure lol.






Dana Marie Bell was the first author I met! She was in the lobby when I was waiting. Very nice lady we talked about our kids and dogs!






The line to get in was so long that they had to stop the escalators to line us up on them! It wrapped around and went well past the elevators down the floor below

I finally make it in and am awww of the room it huge but so many people packed in that just min in the door I am red faced and shakeing. Here's a picture of the crowd in the ballroom





Some of the authors you actually had to get tickets for! JR Ward had somewhere around 1500 tickets and I was 982 in line for Charliene Harris. They had to move quite a few to around the edges to help the crowd mull through


Here are some of the pictures of me and the authors.


Cathy Camp & C.T. Adams

L.A. Banks

Mari Carr

Lexxie Couper

Kate Douglas

Hannah Howell

Angela Knight


LuAnn McLane
Michelle Rowan
Jennifer St.Giles

Kerrelyn Sparks

Lisa Jackson

Jayne Wells

MaryJanice Davison
Heather Graham
Charliene Harris

Jayne Rylon

I ended up with 32 books signed! Which seeings how only 7 of the ones I brought were not is a good thing. Three being from JR Ward I love her work but I was not about to wait in that long line for only one book sorry. I also got tons of swag and tons of signatures for my t-shirt I plan on wearing to Lori Fosters Retreat



Now after all was said and done I went to a lunch for about 30 min with some great ladies. Thanks to Lucy Monroe and Lori Foster for having me




Now afterwards I went and hug out with the girls from International Heat! The best ladies in the world!



Now I was going to go and hang out and watch Mr. Romance but I kinda got to talking with Jambrea and Val and lost track of time! But I got to meet last years Mr. Romance Charles Paz



I had such a fun time! It was my first booksigning and bow being thrown in the ring with a room full I will never be nervious again lol.

I am looking forward to seeing Val and Jambrea and alot of the other authors again in a month at Lori Fosters retreat.

All in all the Romantic Times experience was great. I will defently go again if it ever comes close enough for me to!

6 comments:

J.R. Patrick said...

This is fantastic Drea!

It's awesome that you got to meet Charles!!

Jambrea said...

It was great meeting you Drea!

Oh...everyone...you should have seen her giggle after she had her elevator encounter. heehee

Drea Becraft said...

Hey! I behaved myself until i got to the room! All hands stayed in place and I only oogled a little bit lol. Plus it was Jayne he was sucking on lol!

Jess Dee said...

Looks like you had an awesome time.
And OMG, some of those pics are gold!
Jess

Jennifer Mathis said...

oh wow awesome pics and Charles is so smoking hot dang you lucky girl:) next year i"m so going even if i have to just go AWOL from home

Jackie said...

Andrea first off let me say welcome to the Write Minded Reader Yahoo group, it would have gotten lost in the mass emails which is how I found your blog. Fan girl moment you got to meet Heather Graham and Lisa Jackson 2 of my faves out of the whole bunch of pictured authors you took!!!! I am so wishing lived close enough to go to this but alas too far from me!! You also got to sit in with Lori Foster and her group for a short lunch break, very nice...

jackie b central texas