Friday, March 5, 2010

DemonFire By Kate Douglas






In her first mass market release Kate Douglas gives us the first installment in her compelling Demonslayer series! If your into steamy demons and the women who help them this is the book for you!


Heres the inside cover story!


Newspaper Reporter Eddy Marks thinkds she knows everything about her quiet hometown. She couldn't be more wrong. Turns out Evergreen, California, is the site of a vortex that allows demons to cross over to Earth, and the one one who can stop them is and unbelieveavbly sexy fallen demon named Dax...who had just crashed into Eddy's life.


Since he was cast out of Abyss, Dax has been a lost spirit with no hope of redemption. Now the Edenites habe promised him eternity in Paradise--if he can destroy the forces wreaking havoc on Earth. Losing Earth to choas is unthinkable. But succeeding--and leaving behind this headstrong, sensual womanwho tempts and intrigues him beyond measure--will test him to the core.


This being Kates first Mass release this is the first that I have read of her. I love her style of writing makes the story go smooth and makes it even harder to put it down. She adds elements of surprizes that you don't see coming until the very end. Which lets admit is really hard to do with some of the books out there. She has put a new spin on the supernatural world that keeps you wanting more.


My favorite character from this book is Willow I love that even though shes a little sprite shes not afraid to voice her opinion when ever she needs too. I don't want to spoil the book so I will go sheepish on the details but her relationship with Bumper is comical. I also loved how the book ended with all three major characters getting a happy ending! Or in Altons case a adventure to come!


Kate Douglas is defently worth the price I paid for the book! Her second relese in The DemoSlayer series is tited Hellfire coming out September 2010 to Zebra Books! Check out her site for more details http://katedouglas.com/ .


I know I can't wait to add the next one to my collection!



2 comments:

Kate Douglas said...

Thanks so much, and so glad you enjoyed the book. I can tell you that Willow has her own story in CrystalFire, the final book in the four for the series, but I'm not giving out ANY details! I'm starting work on StarFire, book number 3, next week.

Drea Becraft said...

Yeah I can't wait! I will look for it! Good luck with the writing! And I can't wiat for the new ones! I am sure I will be blogging about them in the near future!