Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pre-lude to the Romantic Times Convention!


The 27th annual RT Book Reviews convention, BOOK LOVERS' EXTRAVAGANZA, is five days of workshops, parties and fun!

*Over 100 Workshops for Readers and Writers led by Top-Selling Authors of All Genres.
*Five-Day Program for Fiction Fans
*Learn How to Write & Get Published
*Attend Networking Mixers & Parties
*Chat with Editors, Agents, Distributors & Book Buyers
* See the 2010 Mr. Romance Competition - Ten Guys Compete To Become The Next Fabio!*Meet 350 bestselling fiction authors at TWO autographings and book parties


Hyatt Regency at Coumbus, OH
350 North High Street
Columbus, OH




Thats the descripition of the RT Convention from the events page on the facebook event page!

For those of you that haven't heard the event goes from April 28th- May 2!


I am so excided to be able to go this year! While I will only be able to go to the convention book signing I could not be more excided! I know that the whole convention would probably be way more fun but one does what one can!


I have wanted to go to this convention since I read about it in Lyndsay Sands Single White Vampire. She glorified the book around the entire conventions made the balls sound like so much fun!


~~~~~~~EXCERPT FROM BOOK~~~~~~~
"Romantic Times," corrected shortly. "And it isn't a bloody interview--that's what changed it. It's a damned confrence."
"A confrence?" Bastien glanced at his mother suspiciously. "Did you know this?"
Margurite Argeanu shrugged mildly, which was as close as she would come to a confession. "I don't see the problem. It's just a couple days in a hotel with some readers."
"Five days mother," Lucern snapped. "Five days in a hotel with some five thousand fans. and then there are balls, book-signing and--"
"One book-signing." his mother interupted. "One book-signing with a couple of hundred other writers there. You won't be the focus. You;ll be lucky to get any attention at all."
Lucern was not calmed. "And what about the balls and award dinners and-"
"All the functions are held in the hotel. You won't need to risk the sun."
Lyndsay Sands is one of my favorite authors and even though she won't be there other great others will be like!
  • Kerri Arthur
  • L.A. Banks
  • Shayla Black
  • Mari Carr
  • Lexxie Cooper
  • Suzan Donovan
  • Kate Douglas
  • Lori Foster
  • Jeaniene Frost
  • Heather Graham
  • Charline Harris
  • Kim Harrison
  • Hannah Howell
  • Larrisa Ione
  • Lisa Jackson
  • Angela Knight
  • Richelle Mead
  • Lucy Monroe
  • Pamela Palmer
  • Jayne Raylon
  • Michelle Rowan
  • Kerrelyn Sparks
  • Rachel Vincent
  • JR Ward

And many many more!

I plan on leaving my house really early, because I live 2 1/2 hours away, to get there earlier to have all my "keeper book" stamped and ready to go. I have them all nicely organized in alphabetical order so they are easy to find lol. I will try to get pictures with each author I can. My friend Kailah has volonterred to go with me which means she gets to hold the camera lol! I will blog and add photos when I get back and decompressed from the whole day!


Not only am I able to go to the convention I will be going to luch afterwards with Lucy Monroe and Lori Foster amongst other authors! Am a lucky gal or what! So I hope to have pictures of that too.


Until then I will be sitting here silently waiting reading and praying the time goes by really really fast lol! Heres to all fun I plan to have and all the fun I plan to share!

3 comments:

Natasha A. said...

:P~~~ so jealous of you! lol

Drea Becraft said...

I told you I would sneak extra for you! I am a lady of my word!

Natasha A. said...

*grin*